Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You Probably Shouldn't Move Here


I don't think it's hitting me yet, being away from home. Probably because every time I stop in Arizona my next direction is always West. These trips have always been wonderful. I get to visit with dear friends, eat delicious food, and relax to my heat's content. After that I find myself driving down the 202 W, to the 10 W, 60 W, 91 W, 55 S, 5 S and I'll be home. But tomorrow morning will be different.

No driving toward the sunset, only away from it. The 10 E is calling my name, and it's a road I've never taken before. A road that is probably flat and boring. A road that rambles through Tucson and Juarez, Ozona and Boerne. The destination; known but unknown, visited but foreign.

This destination though, will not be flat and boring. This I know for sure. There will be ups and downs, twists and turns, and I'm sure a lot of "if at first you don't succeed"s. As far as I know I can't prepare myself for it, can't have any idea of what to expect. Am I ready? Let me answer that with another question - what do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?

It's all a mystery right now though. The light is only a few feet in front of me, which isn't always appreciated. I'm hoping this changes soon, only time will tell. Only time will tell.

Well I heard that your state could be sinking, deep into the briny sea, and all of them earthquakes got you thinking, 'bout leaving Californee-ee. There's riots and there's floods and it's smoggy, toxic waste on yonder beach, and all of them hippies down in Santa Cruz are startin' to suck just like a leech.

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, here in Texas, we don't call it THE 10. We just call it I-10 =). Keep safe on the rest of your drive here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe. Do weird things to make other drivers think you are slightly crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete