Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anchors Away


The sun sets on what turned out to be yet another beautiful day. I've been having a lot of beautiful days lately. I don't know if it's God trying to bless me during my last few days here, or if I've simply had a string of lucky beautiful days. I'd like to think it's the former, and I actually truly have no other reason to think differently.

One thing is for sure though, and that's the realization that being too busy to write lately has been a good thing. Oh I'm sure I could have found hours between the wee hours of certain mornings, or even passed a quick blog through my phone to appease the multitudes. So let's not get too annoyed with me people, after all, it's not like I'm some uber-comedian anyway (wait, am I expected to be?) - speaking of which, I'm surprised no one commented on my last post on something I found to be utterly humorous.

This past month though, has been one of the best months I've had in recent years. It's truly a combination of all sorts of things. I've found joy in little things. Time with family has lengthened. Friendships have flourished. Adventures, oh the grandest of adventures have been had. There's nothing quite like driving down PCH at midnight, screaming FIF and BS2 songs at the top of your lungs with a dear friend. Really, try to beat that...I didn't think so.

And now I'm not sure exactly when I'll write again, I'm thinking it'll be sometime next week, but not anytime sooner. You see, in less than a week I'll be officially moved out of the state of California. This state that has been my home for my entire life, it's been all I've truly known. I really have no idea of what I'm getting myself into in the state of Texas, but I know it's where I'm supposed to be, at least for the next year...or more. Any doubts I've had about this whole process have slowly but surely been stripped away and removed as the days draw near. I have been constantly reminded of the faithfulness of my Lord, and for that I am forever grateful.

I don't deserve this. Any of it. Yet I'm not called to live in that realization. I'm not called to second-guess blessings of any kind. I suppose that's something to think about; for all of us to think about.

Tune in, tune out, goodbye, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment