Monday, October 5, 2009

I Feel Lucky


Writing on airplane napkins is almost exciting as flying in an airplane. Almost, but not quite. I find it amazing to think that our grandparents grew up just as airplanes were hitting their heyday. My grandpa flew B-52 bombers in WWII - and it's simply fascinating to see how far technology has come since then.

We can jump on a plane and be essentially anywhere in one day. We can have our groceries delivered to our front door and movies streamed to our TVs all for one low monthly fee. And I can be on a plane for a little over an hour, starting in El Salvador and finding myself in Costa Rica with a taxi waiting to take me to my destination.

I'm flying high above Costa Rica right about now, able to see both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. How magnificently beautiful. I'll always be amazed at how vast and beautiful the world we live in is. I know wherever I find myself traveling I will not get bored of the sights, sounds and smells that surround me.

There is too much to be seen, too much to be experienced. And the person in front of me just farted.

So much easier to think that we did this all ourselves. So much easier to let our hearts do what they've felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment