Friday, September 18, 2009

Where Zero Meets Fifteen



I figure considering I won't be around to post again until October that I should write a little bit. Strange things have been happening lately and I'm not sure how I feel about any of them, but for now I think the best thing to do is to take them with a grain of salt and keep on moving on.

In thirty days I'll officially be on my newest of adventures. I'll have 1,300 miles of open road ahead of me, and after visiting my mechanic yesterday he said to make a point to stop by again before I leave so he can make sure everything in my car is in good condition. This was after getting an oil change yesterday where my car only had half a quart of oil in it when it was supposed to have 4 quarts. I wonder how my scooter is doing...

I can't say that I'm ready to leave, but I know the timing is not in my hands and so I continually step forward in eager anticipation of how things will work out. Sure I could have planned things better, sure I could have waited until everything was in perfect order and the sun was hitting the earth at the perfect angle. But life isn't about waiting, it's about doing. And if everything were perfect, I think I'd be a little scared.


In the meantime I've a lot on my plate. This weekend I'll be up a mountain with a bunch of guys, proving how sportsmanlike and competitive can work together better than oil and water. After that I have a quarterfinal softball game on Monday night, and if we win we'll play an hour later. I jump on a plane headed to Costa Rica immediately afterwards, where I'll be there for a good 11 days. Words cannot express how excited I am about this... When I get back home there will be two weeks left for me in California. 

Goodbye west coast.

What does it matter anyway, thirteen cents or all I own? How can I ever save the world on cup-o-soup and student loans?

1 comment:

  1. so true, waiting for the perfect will never actually happen. Just go now. Or as nike would say it, just do it.

    ReplyDelete