Monday, September 21, 2009

Superpowers



My flight to Costa Rica is on time. I suppose that's a good thing, even if I don't leave for another ten hours. I don't know what to expect these two weeks, but I'm thinking that adds to the adventure and the excitement of it all. It's crazy to think that when I'm back in the states it will be October already, with only three months left of this amazing year. Not only that, but I'll only have sixteen days left in California. I'm hoping and praying I'm able to go to the beach on about 50% of those days, even if it's only for a short time.

I don't know when all of this is going to hit me. I'm not walking timidly around corners though. I'm not looking up to see when the scaffolding is going to come crashing down. I'm not thinking that today or tomorrow will be the day when pretending I'm a super-human finally fails. I know it will be soon though, and I know it's going to hurt. At least I won't be able to say I didn't see it coming.

I'm finding time to remember that one day at a time is the only way life has ever happened for me. I haven't lived two days in a twenty-four hour time period, and I doubt I ever will. So for now, these next ten hours will suffice. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few hours to fall asleep on my first five-hour plane ride, but this too seems highly unlikely.

I wanted to be famous, now I want to take it back.

1 comment:

  1. Keep living each day of your life, JD. In the end I'm almost certain you will look back and see a life well lived, millions of moments savored, and very few regrets. Remember, God looks at the heart and you've got one of the most beautiful I've had the privilege to know!

    ReplyDelete